CA IMMO SELLS RÖMISCHER HOF IN BERLIN
The Roemischer Hof on the famous Unter den Linden boulevard in Berlin was sold to an investor for a total of around 50 million Euro.
The Roemischer Hof on the famous Unter den Linden boulevard in Berlin was sold to an investor for a total of around 50 million Euros. The listed building was restored by the german subsidiary Vivico and now brought to the market. The rental space has a total of 9,500 m².
The building was constructed between 1865 and 1867 as the “Hotel de Rome” and in 1910 it was given a new lease on life by architects Berndt & Lange as an office building under the name “Roemischer Hof”. Under Communism, first the national railway authority, then the Bulgarian centre for culture and information and the East German state travel agency had their headquarters there. In 2005 Vivico began a development project and, at great expense, the building was gutted and restored. Bomb damage from the Second World War has been repaired with a modern glass insertion in the façade. The opening followed in September 2006. Today, alongside the Ferrari showroom, you’ll find tenants like the E-Plus Group, the international publishing house Condé Nast and Italian Systems for Business in the building. The sale of the property is the successful completion of the project development by Vivico.
About CA Immo
CA Immo was founded in 1987 and develops and invests in commercial property (focusing on offices) in Austria, Germany and, via the subsidiary CA Immo International, in Eastern Europe as well. Over the past two years, CA Immo has increased its presence on the German market, and some 60% of the current total property assets of € 3.7 billion (as of 30 June 2009) are now accounted for by Germany. At the end of 2007, CA Immo acquired the German Vivico Group, the leading developer of urban districts in Germany. CA Immo is traded on the Vienna Stock Exchange and currently has a free float of approximately 90%.
Friday, 02. October 2009 10:37